Parents want the best for their children and this usually includes a future where they can be financially secure. At Hapi, we’re aiming to make saving and investing accessible to all parents, not just the wealthy few, because we believe that every family deserves access to the right information in order to make the best financial decisions when it comes to planning for their children’s future.
This guide explores the different factors you should think about before saving or investing for your child and the types of products available to you.
Before you start reading our guide, please consider these points carefully.
- This guide is intended to offer you financial education by presenting the available options in today’s market but it is not personal financial advice on what suits your circumstances best. If you’re looking for personalised advice please speak to a qualified professional.
- Some of the products explained in this guide involve investing money in stocks and shares so please be aware that the value of your investments can go up as well as down, putting your capital at risk. Also note that looking at past performance isn’t a reliable indicator of how markets will perform in the future.
- We will also refer to tax in this guide and it’s important to understand that tax treatment depends on individual circumstances, and may change in the future. For an accurate personal analysis you should consult a tax specialist.
- All information is correct as of January 2021 but it is subject to change so please check directly with providers mentioned for the latest rates and information.
- This guide is issued by Hapi Plan, an Appointed Representative of Wealth Kernel, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, under reference number 723719.